IPV6 FUNDAMENTALS, DESIGN, AND DEPLOYMENT
The IPv6 Fundamentals, Design, and Deployment (IP6FD) v3.0 course is a five-day course aimed at providing network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise sector with the knowledge and skills that are needed to study and configure Cisco IOS Software IPv6 features
Next Available Date
I would like to receive email from Makintouch Consulting and learn about other offerings related to this course.
About this course
The course also provides an overview of IPv6 technologies, covers IPv6 design and implementation, describes IPv6 operations, addressing, routing, services, transition, and deployment of IPv6 in enterprise as well as service provider networks, and includes case studies useful for deployment scenarios.
Network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise sector.
- Module 1: Introduction to IPv6
- Module 2: IPv6 Operations
- Module 3: IPv6 Services
- Module 4: IPv6-Enabled Routing Protocols
- Module 5: IPv6 Multicast Services
- Module 6: IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Module 7: IPv6 Security
- Module 8: Deploying IPv6
- Module 9: IPv6 and Service Providers
- Module 10: IPv6 Case Studies
- Describe the factors that led to the development of IPv6 and possible uses of this new IP structure
- Describe the structure of the IPv6 address format, how IPv6 interacts with data link layer technologies, and how IPv6 is supported in Cisco IOS Software
- Implement IPv6 services and applications
- Understand the updates to IPv4 routing protocols needed to support IPv6 topologies
- Understand multicast concepts and IPv6 multicast specifics
- Evaluate the scenario and desired outcome and identify the best transition mechanism for the situation
- Describe security issues, how security for IPv6 is different than for IPv4, and emerging practices for IPv6-enabled networks
- Describe the standards bodies that define IPv6 address allocation, in addition to one of the leading IPv6 deployment issuesâ€”multihoming
- Describe the deployment strategies that service providers might consider when deploying IPv6
- Describe case studies for enterprise, service provider, and branch networks
Our Popular Courses
We are always there to support you!
Whether you are looking to accelerate your career, earn your certification, or learn something for personal reasons, Makintouch got you covered.