Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE)
The Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) is for expert-level network design engineers, expert-level network leads of IT infrastructure teams, and expert-level network leads of architecture teams working in job roles that require them to translate business needs, budget, and operational constraints into the design of a converged solution. The CCDE curriculum prepares designers to develop design solutions at the infrastructure level for large customer networks. Network engineers holding an active CCDE certification are recognized for their expert-level knowledge and skills in network infrastructure design. The deep technical networking knowledge that a CCDE brings ensures that they are well qualified to address the most technically challenging network infrastructure design assignments.
Step One: CCDE Written Exam
The 2-hour, written qualification exam covers network design in the areas of routing, tunneling, Quality of Service (QoS), management, cost, capacity, and security. You must pass the written exam before you are eligible to schedule the CCDE practical exam.
Step Two: CCDE Practical Exam
The 8-hour Practical exam tests your ability to perform design analysis, justify design requirements, and develop a design implementation based on best practices. Only candidates that have a passing score on the CCDE Written Exam may register for the CCDE Practical Exam.
- There are no formal prerequisites for CCDE. No specific training or other professional certifications are required.
Study and learn Self-Study Materials
- Written Exam Preparation Resources Spreadsheet
- Written Exam Reading List
- Practical Exam: Unleashing CCDE Blog Series
- Practical Exam Reading List
A comprehensive list of study materials is also available.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
- CCDE Written Exam Study Materials
- CCDE Practical Exam Study Materials
- Evolving Technologies Study Resources
- CCDE Certification Study Group
Get all your CCDE questions answered.