GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) TRAINING COURSES: INTRODUCTION
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation that will enforce a stronger data protection regime for organizations that operate in the European Union (EU) and handle EU citizens’ data. GDPR constitutes the protection of personal data of employees, customers and others. In case organizations fail to comply with this regulation, they will be subject to heavy fines and damaged reputation. Considering that personal data represents critical and sensitive information that all organizations should protect, such a regulation will help put in place appropriate procedures and controls to prevent Information Security breaches. By May 2018, all organizations that operate in the EU should comply with this regulation.
The GDPR Introduction training course enables you to comprehend the basic concepts and requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By attending the GDPR Introduction course, you will understand the importance of the GDPR and the benefits that business, society and governments can obtain.
- Understand the basic concepts and components of Data Protection
- Understand the data protection principles, challenges, issues and the importance of a data protection officer, controller and processor
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques for the effective protection of data
- Individuals interested in the fundamental principles of privacy
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Day 1: Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)