DEVELOPING SOLUTIONS FOR MICROSOFT AZURE BUNDLE
In this course, students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement Azure IaaS services and features in their development solution.
Next Available Date
I would like to receive email from Makintouch Consulting and learn about other offerings related to this course.
About this course
In this course, students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement Azure IaaS services and features in their development solution. Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement Azure Platform as a Service feature and services in their development solutions, leverage Azure storage services and features in their development solutions, Azure authentication and authorization services in their development solutions, ensure applications hosted in Azure are operating efficiently and as intended and this course is about communication between apps and services.
- Students in this course are interested in Azure development or in passing the Microsoft Azure Developer Associate certification exam.
- Students should have 1-2 years’ experience as a developer.
- This course assumes students know how to code and have a fundamental knowledge of Azure.
- It is recommended that students have some experience with PowerShell or Azure CLI, working in the Azure portal, and with at least one Azure-supported programming language.
- Most of the examples in this course are presented in C# .NET.
AZ-203T01: Develop Azure Infrastructure as a Service compute solutions
Module 1: Implement solutions that use virtual machines
Students will learn how to properly plan for VM deployment.
It covers VM creation by using the Azure Portal, PowerShell, and through code.
It also covers creating and using ARM templates for repeatable deployments and how to use Azure Disk Encryption to secure information on the VM.
- Provision VMsCreate ARM templates
- Configure Azure Disk Encryption for VMs
Module 2: Implement batch jobs by using Azure Batch Services
Azure Batch creates and manages a pool of compute nodes (virtual machines), installs the applications you want to run, and schedules jobs to run on the nodes.
- Azure Batch overview
- Run a batch job by using the Azure CLI and Azure Portal
- Run batch jobs by using code
Module 3: Create containerized solutions
You can build and run modern, portable, microservices-based applications that benefit from Kubernetes orchestrating and managing the availability of those application components.
Kubernetes supports both stateless and stateful applications as teams progress through the adoption of microservices-based applications.
- Create an Azure Managed Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster
- Create container images for solutions
- Publish an image to the Azure Container Registry
- Run containers by using Azure Container Instance or AKS
AZ-203T02: Develop Azure Platform as a Service compute solution
Module 1: Create App Service web apps
Azure App Service Web Apps (or just Web Apps) is a service for hosting web applications, REST APIs, and mobile back ends. Web Apps not only adds the power of Microsoft Azure to your application, such as security, load balancing, autoscaling, and automated management.
- Azure App Service core concepts
- Creating an Azure App Service web app
- Creating background tasks by using WebJobs in Azure App Service
Module 2: Creating Azure App Service mobile apps
The Mobile Apps feature of Azure App Service gives enterprise developers and system integrators a mobile-application development platform that's highly scalable and globally available.
- Getting started with mobile apps in App Service
- Enable push notifications for yourapp
- Enable offline sync for your app
Module 3: Create Azure App Service API apps
- This module covers how to create and document an Azure App Service API.
- Creating APIs
- Using Swagger to document an API
Module 4: Implement Azure Functions
Azure Functions is a solution for easily running small pieces of code, or “functions,” in the cloud. You can write just the code you need for the problem at hand, without worrying about a whole application or the infrastructure to run it.
- Azure Functions overview
- Develop Azure Functions using Visual Studio
- Implement durable functions
AZ-203T03: Develop for Azure Storage
Module 1: Develop solutions that use Azure Table storage
Azure Table storage is a service that stores structured No SQL data in the cloud, providing a key/attribute store with a schemaless design.
- Because Table storage is schemaless, it's easy to adapt your data as the needs of your application evolve.
- Azure Table storage overview
- Authorization in Table storage
- Table service REST API
Module 2: Develop solutions that use Azure Cosmos DB storage
This module covers Azure Cosmos DB storage.
It instructs students on how it works, how to manage containers and items, and create and update documents by using code.
- Azure Cosmos DB overview
- Managing containers and items
- Create and update documents by using code
Module 3: Develop solutions that use a relational database
SQL Database is a general-purpose relational database managed service in Microsoft Azure that supports structures such as relational data, JSON, spatial, and XML.
- Azure SQL overview
- Create, read, update, and delete database tables by using code
Module 4: Develop solutions that use Microsoft Azure Blob storage
Azure Blob storage is Microsoft's object storage solution for the cloud.
Blob storage is optimized for storing massive amounts of unstructured data.
Unstructured data is data that does not adhere to a particular data model or definition, such as text or binary data.
- Azure Blob storage overview
- Working with Azure Blob storage
AZ-203T04: Implement Azure security
Module 1: Implement authentication
- Microsoft identity platform is an evolution of the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) identity service and developer platform.
- It allows developers to build applications that sign in all Microsoft identities, get tokens to call Microsoft Graph, other Microsoft APIs, or APIs that developers have built.
- Microsoft identity platform
- Implement OAuth2 authentication
- Implement managed identities for Azure resources
- Implement authentication by using certificates, forms-based authentication, or tokens
- Implement multi-factor authentication
Module 2: Implement access control
- This module covers claims-based and role-based access control.
- Claims-based authorization
- Role-based access control (RBAC) authorization
Module 3: Implement secure data solutions
- This module covers securing data at rest and during transmission.
- Encryption options
- End-to-end encryption
- Implement Azure confidential computing
- Manage cryptographic keys in Azure Key Vault
AZ-203T05: Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Azure solutions
Module 1: Introduction to Azure Monitor
- Azure Monitor is the central service that includes all of tools you need to monitor and optimize your solution.
- Overview of Azure Monitor
- Module 2: Develop code to support scalability of apps and services
- This module covers how applications scale and how to handle some troubleshooting.
- Implement autoscale
- Implement code that addresses singleton application instances
- Implement code that handles transient faults
Module 3: Instrument solutions to support monitoring and logging
This module covers adding code to your app to send the data to Azure Monitor.
- Configure instrumentation in an app or server by using Application Insights
- Analyze and troubleshoot solutions by using Azure Monitor
Module 4: Integrate caching and content delivery within solutions
- This module shows students how to leverage Azure Cache for Redis and Azure CDNs to deliver assets to users more quickly.
- Azure Cache for RedisDevelop for storage on CDNs
AZ-203T06: Connect to and consume Azure, and third-party, services
Module 1: Develop an App Service Logic AppLogic Apps helps you build solutions that integrate apps, data, systems, and services across enterprises or organizations by automating tasks and business processes as workflows. This module covers what they are and how to create them.
- Azure Logic Apps overview
- Create Logic Apps by using Visual Studio
- Create custom connectors for Logic Apps
- Create custom templates for Logic Apps
- Students will understand how to create and manage Azure Logic Apps.
Module 2: Integrate Azure Search within solutions
Azure Search is a search-as-a-service cloud solution that gives developers APIs and tools for adding a rich search experience over private, heterogenous content in web, mobile, and enterprise applications.
- In this module, students will learn how to integrate Azure Search into their solutions.
- Create and query an Azure Search Index
- Full-text search in Azure Search
- Students will know how to provision the service, create an index, load data, and execute searches.
Module 3: API ManagementAPI Management (APIM) helps organizations publish APIs to external, partner, and internal developers to unlock the potential of their data and services.
- Introduction to the API Management service
- Securing your APIs
- Defining API policies
- Students will know how to provision the APIM service using the Azure Portal, secure APIs with subscriptions and client certificates, and use API policies to modify the behavior of an API.
Module 4: Develop event-based solutions
This module covers developing event-based solutions in Azure by integrating Azure Event Grid, Event Hubs, and Notification Hubs in your applications.
- Implement solutions that use Azure Event Grid
- Implement solutions that use Azure Event Hubs
- Implement solutions that use Azure Notification Hubs
- Students will know how the services work and how to integrate them into their solutions.
Module 5: Develop message-based solutions
Microsoft Azure Service Bus is a fully managed enterprise integration message broker.
Service Bus is most commonly used to decouple applications and services from each other and is a reliable and secure platform for asynchronous data and state transfer.
Azure Queue storage is a service for storing large numbers of messages that can be accessed from anywhere in the world via authenticated calls using HTTP or HTTPS.
- Implement solutions that use Azure Service Bus
- Implement solutions that use Azure Queue Storage queues
- Students will understand how to leverage Azure message-based services in their solutions.
What you’ll learn:
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Batch Service to deploy/maintain resources
- Learn how to create containerized solutions by using Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Create and manage Azure App Service resources
- Integrate push and offline sync in their mobile apps
- Learn how to document an API.Learn how to create and test Azure Functions.Azure Table storage
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Blob
- Developing against relational databases in Azure.
- Learn how identity is managed and utilized in Azure solutions by using the Microsoft identity platform
- Learn about access control (claims-based authorization and role-based access control) and how to implement secure data solutions.
- Learn how to create and integrate these resources by using the Azure CLI, REST, and application code.
- Learn how Azure Monitor operates
- Learn how to use tools like Log Analytics and Application Insights to better understand what is happening in their application.
- Learn how to implement autoscale, instrument their solutions to support monitoring and logging, and use Azure Cache and CDN options to enhance the end-user experience.
- Learn how to create and manage their own APIs by using API Management.
- Learn how to use the different event- and message-based services in Azure within their development solutions.
- Learn how to create and integrate these resources by using the Azure Portal, Azure CLI, REST, and application code.
Our Popular Courses
We are always there to support you!
Whether you are looking to accelerate your career, earn your certification, or learn something for personal reasons, Makintouch got you covered.