CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
This 5-day course is structured to follow the CISM review manual and examination flow. A full day is provided for each of the core competencies and associated task and knowledge statements, thereby ensuring a detailed and thorough coverage of all areas that will be tested.
Next Available Date
I would like to receive email from Makintouch Consulting and learn about other offerings related to this course.
About this course
CISM” (Certified Information Security Manager) properly recognizes that security is first and foremost a management rather than a technical issue. CISM defines the core competencies and international standards of performance that information security managers are expected to master. It provides executive management with the assurance that those who have earned their CISM have the experience and knowledge to offer effective security management and advice. The course provides an intense environment in which participants can acquire, thoroughly and properly, the skills and knowledge expected of a world-class information security manager. In the process the course provides outstanding preparation for the CISM exam.
The CISM designation is for Information Security professionals who have 3-5 years of front-line experience with the security of information. This credential is geared towards Information Security managers and those who have information security management responsibilities.
There are no prerequisite requirements for taking the CISA course or the CISA exam; however, in-order-to apply for the CISA certification, the candidate must meet the following requirements as determined by ISACA:
• Five (5) or more years of experience in IS audit, control, assurance, or security
• Waivers are available for a maximum of three (3) years
Domain 1 – Information Security Governance
- Explain the need for and the desired outcomes of an effective information security strategy
- Create an information security strategy aligned with organizational goals and objectives
- Gain stakeholder support using business cases
- Identify key roles and responsibilities needed to execute an action plan
- Establish metrics to measure and monitor the performance of security governance
Domain 2 – Information Risk Management
- Explain the importance of risk management as a tool to meet business needs and develop a security management program to support these needs
- Identify, rank, and respond to a risk in a way that is appropriate as defined by organizational directives
- Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of information security controls
- Report information security risk effectively
Domain 3 – Information Security Program Development and Management
- Align information security program requirements with those of other business functions
- Manage the information security program resources
- Design and implement information security controls
- Incorporate information security requirements into contracts, agreements and third-party management processes
Domain 4 – Information Security Incident Management
- Understand the concepts and practices of Incident Management
- Identify the components of an Incident Response Plan and evaluate its effectiveness
- Understand the key concepts of Business Continuity Planning, or BCP and Disaster Recovery Planning, or DRP
- Be familiar with techniques commonly used to test incident response capabilities
On completion of the CISA exam preparation course, delegates will:
• Have an understanding of the format and structure of the CISA certification exam
• Have knowledge of the various topics and technical areas covered by the exam
• Practice with specific strategies, tips and techniques for taking and passing the exam
Our Popular Courses
We are always there to support you!
Whether you are looking to accelerate your career, earn your certification, or learn something for personal reasons, Makintouch got you covered.